THE INSTITUTE CARRIES OUT:
- breeding new and improving existing breeds, types, lines of farm animals, poultry and varieties of forage crops;
- development of innovative, resource-saving technologies for the production of livestock and poultry products by optimizing of support conditions, feeding and strengthening the immunity defenses to produce competitive products;
- the development of perspective plans for selection and breeding work and advisory services on technology for the management of livestock, poultry and fodder production;
- laboratory quality assessment of livestock products, identification and control of farm animals lineage, and determining the quality of different types of feeds on the basis of an accredited laboratory.
The Department of Genetics of Agricultural Animals provides the following services to livestock owners:
– control of animals lineage ;
– specification of animals lineage;
– examination of lineage in cases of dispute;
– identification of genetic abnormalities;
– estimation of heterozygosity of herds, breeds and types.
Time of the genetic analysis (from selection of biological material to interpretation of the results) is about 14 days. The cost of one sample analysis is within 10 000 (ten thousand) tenge depends of biological samples number .
Laboratory of zootechnical analysis of feeds provides the following services:
– determination of chemical composition of feed for 16 indicators;
– calculation of feed nutrition, exchange energy and energy feed unit.
The research period is 10 days. The cost of analysis of one sample is 10,000 tenge.
Department of technology of growing young animals and production of dairy products offers its services:
– to study the chemical composition and assess the quality of milk, from each cow by taking and delivering, carrying out analysis of milk samples at a cost of one sample at 400 KZT. Depending on the delivery distance and self-delivery of milk samples, the price may change and be refined at the conclusion contract;
– on the technology of directed growth of newborn calves up to 6 months of age of dairy cattle;
– on the formation of technological groups of the dairy herd;
– to conduct a linear assessment of cows and breeding work in dairy cattle.